The Philly POPS and WNJC 1360 Radio are presenting the All South Jersey Jazz Festival on May 23, 2016. High School Jazz Ensembles from eligible counties in southern New Jesery were encouraged to apply and participate in the first every radio and social media contest of it's kind in the region. The winning band will perform in a side-by-side performance with The Philly POPS Big Band Combo and all finalist schools receive a Master Class by a Philly POPS musician – plus tickets to a POPS show.
Eligible counties: Camden, Gloucester, Burlington, Cumberland, Salem, Atlantic and Cape May.
High school Jazz bands were invited to submit a three-minute high-quality sound video, with a deadline of April 8, 2016 at 5 p.m. A panel of Philly POPS musicians and music industry judges selected the finalist high school jazz bands. Each entry was judged for professional sound and performance quality. Now, the public will vote for their favorite band through a radio and social media competition.
Each band selected to be in the competition will receive airplay of their entry on WNJC 1360 and WWDB 860 and compete against other bands for votes. The voting period will begin on April 25, 2016 at 8 a.m. Voting will end at 5 p.m. on May 6, 2016. Airplay will be during the 7 a.m. hour of the Your Music Matters Show with Paul Dilks on WNJC 1360 and WWDB 860 on April 25, April 27, April 29, May 2, May 4 and May 6, ending at 5 p.m. Each band’s submission will be played during the 7 a.m. hour on all of these days.
Voters should visit www.1360radio.com or the event Facebook page to vote for their favorite high school jazz band. Voters can only vote once throughout the competition. They will vote by clicking the “like” button on the post of their favorite band.
- Each entry must include one 3-minute (or shorter) song on CD or common audio file such as an mp3 or wav.
- Each entry must include the lead representative’s name, school, and contact information.
- Each school will have written permission from all performers or from a parent or legal guardian if the performer is less than 18 years of age.
- Each band must secure applicable licensing for their use of the submitted song.
- Each participating student must have signed a photo release form with the school, allowing media coverage and photography/videography for promotional purposes.
- Each band can submit only one entry.
- All submissions must include students from the current 2015 – 2016 school year.
- Each entry must be submitted separately via email in common audio file formatting to email@example.com.